Monday, May 7, 2012

No. 432: Purugly

if I made a joke about it being a sourpuss, would anyone mind?


sometimes I wonder if it's hard work to come up with such a shitty Pokemon. Like, does it tax on the mind? To force the brain into such mental contortions as to invent something as offensively ugly as Purugly?

I mean, I know it has "ugly" in the name, it isn't supposed to be sleek and slender, even though Glameow was that way. But there was no reason to make it as awful as this. Kinky horrid whiskers that look like lock picks. random-ass jaggy pattern that doesn't do very much in the way of not making me think Purugly is wearing a muscle tee. some stupid fluffy midsection, the tail coiled pointlessly behind everything, a face-mask of a fur pattern on its head, and to top it all off, literally, some purple finger-wing-ear-tips.

I just don't know who in their right mind looked at this, and allowed it to go into the final game. I think they were trying to make it look like a conceited fat cat, like the one Cindarella's step-mother had, or Fatcat himself from Rescue Rangers, but the end result is just a big shit.


Overall: 1/10

5 comments:

  1. It looks like a fat mean bitch, perfect for female perky villain likes Mars (still remember the 1st time it nearly crush my noob party)
    but no heck for any human gamers :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. at first I thought you were saying that Mars was your 1st crush, and I was all WHAAAAAA???

      Delete
    2. lol no, she does has awesome skirt though

      Delete
  2. BTW +1 for rescue rangers reference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaaactually, the fluffy midsection is part of the tail. Yeah that makes it even stupider, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete