Monday, May 14, 2012

No. 437: Bronzong

Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.


and while I pissed all over Bronzor, I think I kinda like Bronzong. He's clearly a bell, which is good. And he has identifiable arms, which makes him seem more alive, and like an actual creature, than just a magical plate.

But you know what he really reminds me of? That boss from the Tower of the Gods in Wind Waker. Yeah, totally. He looks like he would fit right in that dungeon, doesn't he? He's float around, trying to trap you, but you'd have to make him sit on top of a bomb instead, and that would destroy him. or something.

also, Bronzong has two kick-ass abilities: either Levitate, or Heatproof. The former makes him immune to Ground attacks, the latter makes him resist Fire attacks. And since these are his only two weaknesses, you're looking at a Pokemon that will have only a single weakness! That's pretty awesome.

oh, and I know Bronzor has that too, but he sucks, so it doesn't count.


Overall: 7/10

4 comments:

  1. I don't want to be that guy, but Heatproof only halves fire attacks, making the total damage X1.

    Still, you are correct that both abilities essentially leave Bronzong with only one weakness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. noooooooo damn it you beat me to it! Pokefact of the day

      Delete
  2. no wonder the bronzong in the soulsilver elite 4 didn't go down in one hit from my fire attack.
    must've had 'fireproof'.

    ReplyDelete