Sunday, May 27, 2012

No. 448: Lucario

I'll never forgive you for stealing Mewtwo's spot in Brawl...


Lucario is Fighting/Stell, which strikes me as odd. It's a very unusual combination, and I don't understand why. He has spikes. That's it. I guess it's to give him super defense with his typing, but whatever. I would expect a Fighting/Steel type to be more like a samurai, with a sword or something.

Anyway, Lucario has dreadlocks and shorts, which is an interesting combination. I question the tan fur of the chest a little, but I don't think it messes up the design that much. If you notice, all the limbs are joined to the body with a band of black, and then get blue, but end in black tips. As for the spikes, they do look out of place, and would be better if they were on the side of his forearms, like blades, instead of jutting out of the backs of his hands.

Lucario was badass in his movie, though. He tackled Ash, didn't give a damn about weak nonsense, did his duty to the kingdom, fought with the Regi trio, and then gave his life in the end to save the giant living-stone-tree. In fact, you know what? Screw it, Lucario is just awesome. He's one cool cucumber, and I really like 95% of his design. And his performance in the movie and in Brawl makes up for that.


Overall: 10/10

7 comments:

  1. Lucario's alright.
    But yeah, the spikes on top of his forearms are misplaced. How is he even supposed to use these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be to help with blocking. If he were to take a boxer's stance, a jab towards his head might incapacitate the assailant's hand. The spike on his chest might be to discourage teeps.

      Delete
  2. possibly a mean back hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He can also learn basically every move ever. Love this dude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually I think the ear dreads things are actually the strands of a bandanna or TmnT style ninja mask.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, a Stell type Pokemon. First one ever! Much be some sort of spin-off of Steel types.

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay, usually I just fix typos when people point them out, but that's actually pretty funny and if I fix it the joke will be ruined and you'll just look insane.

    That's the rules, folks - if you correct me in a humorous way, I'll leave it be! If you just kinda put it out there following an *, I'll change it in the post and then no one will know what you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete