Tuesday, December 4, 2012

No. 561: Sigilyph

bleu? whay? huhn?

wait hold on - this is a Pokemon? someone actually sat down and coded this nightmare into the game? On one hand I'm relieved, I thought perhaps I was being cursed by an Ancient One.

On the other hand this is an incredibly awful Pokemon.


Let's get the obvious out of the way - Sigilyph is inspired by the Nazca Lines, which are totally real things and arguably the work of aliens. But that in no way excuses what happened next. They decided to take such a thing and turn it into a Pokemon. Why did they think this was a good idea? Were they high? Drugs must have been involved.

There are six - count 'em - SIX colors involved on this. And all of them are awful. It's supposedly a Flying-type, but those wings cannot support any sort of body. In fact, the whole design is like that - seemingly random, fragile appendages sprouting off of a bulbous, radish-like body. Oh, and three eyes because why the hell not. And it's Psychic because that's what Gamefreak does when it has no goddamn clue what to do with the design it just came up with, they make it a Psychic-type.

Sigilyph is just so damn insane, I almost can't believe it. It's like a feverdream or something. Shit, I think I'm losing sanity points thinking about it.


Overall: 1/10

4 comments:

  1. Nope. Just nope.

    Only thing I kinda agree on is colors, but I think it's more that the choice of yellow was bad and clashes with the other colors. The shiny is about a million times better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the head just looks so awkward, and the body makes it look like a christmas ornament

    ReplyDelete
  3. its head looks like unown

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually thought this thing was evolved from Unown when I first saw it.

      I was kind of too busy going OH GOD WHAT IS THAT THING to realize that didn't make any sense.

      Delete