Thursday, December 20, 2012

No. 572: Minccino

Yeah, I like my coffee with two shots of espresso and a little minccino


About 50% of the Unova Pokedex is just new Pokemon filling in for niches that needed to be filled. Rodents, birds, Ground/Water, rock monster, bat, etc. So I guess Mincinno is supposed to be the Jigglypuff/Clefairy analogue.

Except that while I understand the need to rodents, rock monsters, and the like, no one asked for another Clefairy. I really don't get the appeal of these bland Normal-types - they can get any super effective STABs, and while they learn a large movepool, they often don't have the stats that others do to make use of them. Enlighten me, why would anyone want to use a Minccino?

Aside from it being cute as shit, I mean. Gamefreak has learned nothing if not how to make cute critters. They might not have learned to make unique cute critters, tho. I'm covering up the ears and tail, and I'm seeing a grey Plusle. Or a grey Pikachu with almond eyes. Or any number of other tiny, adorable, easily-marketed-in-Japan animals.


Overall: 3/10

1 comment:

  1. Hidden ability: Skill Link. Skill Link causes multi-strike moves to always strike their maximum number of times.

    Multi-hit moves that Mincinno and Cincinno can learn: Double-Slap, Tail Slap, Bullet Seed, Rock Blast

    ReplyDelete