Sunday, December 23, 2012

No. 574: Gothita

Shout-outs to Mauro Richard Kousek, the guy is a comment MONSTER, I can see he's been burning through the backlog by the copious comments he leaves. Attaboy, Mauro!!


Finally, the Gothic Lolita fashion trend comes to Pokemon. I'm personally not a fan, and I'm actually slightly disturbed to see ANOTHER baby-esque Pokemon with such prominent lips. If it was only Smoochum, I'd say it was an outlier, but a second time? Gamefreak, you have some unresolved issues that I don't want to hear about.

Gothita itself is a bulky and slow Psychic type, just like the Munna line, and the upcoming Solosis line. I guess it's different from the usual Speed-and-Special-Attack-only archetype you see a lot, but I really wished I had something Psychic and quick besides the living nightmare known as Sigilyph.

But I have to say I love the white/black color scheme, especially fitting due to the names of the games.


Overall: 5/10

3 comments:

  1. if you alter their lips, you can make an open mouth for each member in this line. I'll send you the files.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh god why would I want them to look even more like blow-up dolls no no no

      Delete
  2. SHOUT-OUT!
    Thanks I am really flattered!
    I will give off some new comments while I am here ;3

    About Gothita:
    At least her Babyform-esque features were introduced in the same generation unlike some other Creeps. (I am looking at you Cleefa!)

    ReplyDelete