Wednesday, December 26, 2012

No. 576: Gothitelle

someone call Lady Gaga I found her the perfect Pokemon


well, now there are only 5 bows. That's a little more manageable. But on the other hand, Gothitelle looks like she's the biggest bitch of a star ever upon the world's ugliest Christmas tree. I have never been a fan of drawing a triangle with a head and arms at the top and going "this is the female form", and this one isn't helping.

What's really getting to me, though, is her hair-things. buns? wings? I'm not even sure what to call them. But they flap up and down, like a pair of of enormous monochromatic bellows, pumping air into her swollen head. It's stupid, is what I'm saying.

Gothitelle just looks like a character from an old cartoon from the 30's, not a Pokemon. The way she flops about, especially. I can tell the designers didn't really have any idea what they were doing and any point in this evolutionary line, and when they got to the end they just sort of threw their hands up in the air and traced something from Ub Iwerks.


Overall: 2/10

2 comments:

  1. To me she looks like a failed Guardivour.
    Seriously. Just caought a male version of its pre-evolution. Reminds you of anything?
    Wanna bet in Gen 6 there will be lots of afterthought-evolution like previous Generation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. With how hard you were on Staraptor I really expected a more brutal response to this garbage pokemon. It's obviously a niche pokemon created purely to attract goth girls in japan. It's also one of those pokemon that seems oddly human, making it weird to use in battles between animals. Am I supposed to believe this is some natural animal that just came out of the woods? This looks like a cosplay gone wrong.

    ReplyDelete