Tuesday, November 13, 2012

No. 544: Whirlipede

reminds me of those M.C. Escher things, the centipedes with human feet who curled up into balls and rolled around defying gravity and stuff.

So, I promised better, and here it freaking it. This pillbug just rolled up so much, it became like a wheel. Like a steamroller, ready to crush you like Dio Brando crushed Kujo Jotaro. Except, without that whole thing backfiring and getting exploded. Look, he'll run you over, is what I'm saying.

Again, it's a "cocoon stage", but holy piss, is it the best cocoon I've ever seen. This is how you make things new and cool, people. Whirlipede suffers from chronic lack of good stats (cept maybe defensive ones), which is a pity, because I want him to roll around at the speed of sound, like some sort of insectoid Sonic the Hedgehog.

Actually, I want him and Donphan to face off. Donphan has the type advantage, but can you imagine these guys wheeling into eachother? To drop yet another reference, it would be like if you crashed those cycle-things from MIB III into eachother. Except each one is as wide as a firetruck. And the whole thing is on fire.

That's how awesome it would be. A pity Whirlipede can't quite reach such heights on his own, because he's damn near perfect.


Overall: 9/10

3 comments:

  1. And I thought I was the only one that liked him this much. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would imagine the antennae and tail would get in the way when rolling, but the spikes for traction probably would make up for that

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a muff on a headset

    ReplyDelete