Sunday, November 18, 2012

No. 549: Lilligant

apparently this one is real popular

is it because it looks like a girl wearing a dress

are you trying to sexualize Pokemon on me again

except this time it's moe as balls, instead of curvy like a french cartoon.


Anyway, I don't care much for it. Another generic collection of leaves and a flower. We already had a dancing Grass-type, her name was Bellossom. I appreciate that Lilligant only learns dancing moves upon level up, that's a nice little gimmick (like Throh leaning mainly throws) but it doesn't do much to make me think this wouldn't have been better off as a Bellossom evolution.

Which would be the fourth stage, I know, but let's talk about that. Why is it that Pokemon only go up to 3 stages? are they afraid to unleash the floodgates, with Digimon-style "we'll just add stages until we run out of ideas or go bankrupt" leveling? I suppose it's for the best. 3 is a manageable number, just like 2 types is fine. I think more moves might be a possibility, though...

anyway, Lilligant is elegant yet doesn't have shit to do with lilies. Her design is graceful and all, but it looks more like some Touhou girl than a Pokemon to me.


Overall: 4/10

2 comments:

  1. Those petals on top of her head look like their frowning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, she's not super interesting. I'll give you that. BUT... She can ruin your opponent's day real fast. Quiver dance to boost sp atk, sp def, and speed, then a boosted stab petal dance. And then she doesn't even get confused from petal dance thanks to her own tempo ability

    ReplyDelete