Saturday, November 17, 2012

No. 548: Petilil

the most memorable of Pokemon


Seriously, this shit is generic. Looks like something I'd cut up and throw in a salad, if I was into rabbit food. I mean, what even sort of plant is it? Most Grass-types are inspired by a particular plant, but this one just seems to be maybe a bulb of some sort. Despite its name involving "petal".

See, we're in that part of the generation where some of the Pokemon's designs have been getting more creative, but the typings and in-game niches are still being refilled. And as I've said many a time before, this is fine, because it's 150 all-new Pokemon, Oddish doesn't even exist anymore, they have to have something to take that place. And Petilil does that, except it's not as memorable as Oddish, who was like a little mandragora baby or something.

I don't give a damn about Petilil so hard, that the room is actually growing colder over here.


Overall: 2/10

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I'm 100% sure that "Peti-" in Petilil refers to "petite".
    And honestly, I think Petilil's underrated. That is some cute shit going on there. Then again, it kinda looks like a cauliflower-onion hybrid.... which is kinda weird, but hey, it's cute and it's green.

    ReplyDelete