Wednesday, January 9, 2013

No. 584: Vanilluxe

what's cooler than being cool? Ice Cold!

I can't hear ya! I say what's, what's cooler than being cool? Ice Cold!!

so, my American buddies might not know this, but when I was in Europe I got ice cream that came like this in a double-wide cone, with two scoops side by side, instead of a hefty cone and two scoops stacked on top. So, such a frozen delight does exist.

but I have to say, I like my snowman idea better. To make things worse, the one of the left is the exact same. Which in a way makes sense, but it's kinda friggin' lazy. Weezing isn't just Koffing with another head, it's an uglier head with a second, ugly head. The straw-thing is supposed to be like a wafer-tube they stick in the ice cream (in real life), and it's apparently puffing out icy fog, which is neat.

So, I really want to like Vanilluxe, but it really isn't all that great. I almost wish I could turn around and say the haters were right, but they aren't, either. It's just a fun idea that nearly worked, but the supreme laziness of just adding onto the old sprite kills the potential. freezes it in its tracks, you might say.


Overall: 6/10

3 comments:

  1. The most shocking thing about this line to me is that there's no Ice/Dark Choco variant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. goddamn, I forgot to say how much I wish the shiny was chocolate version, instead of vaguely-strawberry.

      Delete