Wednesday, January 16, 2013

No. 588: Karrablast

Gwaaaaar!

No, this isn't a prevo of Heracross. This is Karrablast, which is some other sort of bug? maybe? Science says it's based on this snail-eating beetle, which has a long nasty head thing to get on up in that shell. Given what happens when he evolves, that makes a lot of sense.

But it's the "blast" part of his name that I don't get. He don't explode at all. What's the deal? Design-wise, I'm questioning that sky-blue triangle. black, blue and yellow is friggin' smart. adding sky-blue in there is dumb.

I guess I don't have much strong opinions on this guy, he's fairly generic (but kinda cute), his whole point is his gimmick evolution.


Overall: 5/10

2 comments:

  1. ugh, my god is the snail-eating beetle disgusting. Really didn't need to know Karrablast is based on it, now I'll think of it every time I see this little bugger.
    But what's cool is that you can give it Megahorn through breeding, which mixes well with Escavalier who has a decent attack stat and the swarm ability.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blast comes from the pokedex and this much cooler beetle, the Bombardier beetle.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-wVFLucTks

    Sadly it doesn't seem to learn any moves that work like it.

    ReplyDelete