Sunday, January 20, 2013

No. 591: Amoonguss

Amoonguss? Get it? Foongus Amoongus? oh lord take me now I'm ready

You know, just like Escavalier was dual-wielding spears, Amoongus appears to be dual-wielding shields. I've always thought this is a badass idea, and I wish more video games would let it be an option. Shield-bash into shield-chop is just such an OP combo.

but I also can't get enough of Amoongus' face there. I mean, what even expression is he trying to convey? Looks like he's rolling his eyes and whistling in contempt. Oh, I know. Even he is groaning about his name. "Amoongus? really guys? really? christ, you guys are assholes. amoongus. holy shit. just wow."

I think having the actual Pokeball designs just right out there in the open is a little distracting, because when its on the canopy, you at least have to make an easy inferance about the rest of the shape, as opposed to seeing the whole thing at once like that.

Really just nitpicks, though. Aside from the name, I find myself liking Amoongus waaaay more than I thought I would.


Overall: 7/10

1 comment: