Monday, October 3, 2011

No. 290: Nincada

file under "F" for "forgettable"

I don't know shit about cicadas, except that they buzz around and make tons of noise and grind their filthy bodies against your screen, and they also fly. Do they metamorphose? I realize and accept my ignorance in the field of cicada-ology, and I don't care to know any more.

So I might be wrong when I say this, but I don't think cicadas have anything to do with burrowing in the ground. Yet, Nincada is Bug/Ground and looks like a burrowing thing.

I don't know where they were going on this one, but I don't care enough to find out. Don't even bother correcting me, telling me bullshit like "cicadas make little homes in dirt and keep their eggs there" because I will just ignore it. Cicadas buzz and grind, that's all I need to know.


Overall: 2/10

5 comments:

  1. Actually cicadas spend like the first 17 years of their life burrowing underground, pop up, metamorphose, mate and die

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why'd you take points off for Nincada being part Ground? That's like taking points off of Charmander because "salamanders don't have anything to do with fire" :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salamanders_in_folklore_and_legend

      Delete
  3. Are Americans just ignorant about cicadas in general?
    I have not met any other nationality, besides Australians, that also just presume cicadas materialise out of thin air. Where do you think the whole shedinja concept comes from? Do American cicadas grow differently than normal cicadas? Is that why you guys seem to have no clue about the shells and burrowing and stuff? To me, its like questioning why a frog pokemon starts off as a tadpole.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look maybe you grew up somewhere without cicadas but
    Cicadas are known for three thing:
    1.They buzz loud
    2. They come out of the ground and then shed their shell in about an hour
    3. The new form flies away and the shell gets left behind.

    Definitely more of an observable thing then some myth about salamanders and fire. Seriously it's like complaining that a penguin comes from an egg. Being proud of your ignorance is not cool.

    ReplyDelete