Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Norman of Petalburg City

No, May... I am your father.

Other than that little "twist", if you can even call it that, Norman is super boring. I mean, he's the Normal-type gym leader, I get it. Dude has about as much personality as Wonder Bread. He's Norman, and he's pretty frikken' normal.

I suppose having his gym revolve around using X Attack and X Defend and stuff is kinda unique, tho. Not that it mattered much, just gave my guys a free turn to attack.


He's got some sense of style, I suppose. I wear a sweater kinda like his, except grey. I dunno, he's pretty much living up to everything I'd expect out of a "Normal Gym Leader". I guess I shouldn't fault him too much. He actually feels like he's sort of a strategic all-rounder, but chooses to work with Normals because you have to specialize to own a gym, and they're the most flexible.

In the end, I suppose a totally normal score would be appropriate. Does "normal" not sound like a word to anyone else now? normal normal normal


Overall: 5/10
In the remake

2 comments:

  1. And not even a word about his Slaking? I mean, I remember when I first came to his Gym to fight him and what his Slakings did to my team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of the tvshow from france called Norman Normal, in which Norman is the only normal one, while the rest of the fmily including granpa and dog are all superheroes. Even his babysister is a superhero called Baby I.Q.

    ReplyDelete