Sunday, October 20, 2013

No. 650: Chespin

you don't know how good it felt to type that title. it's like coming home.

Like coming home to find that your house has been taken over by suitors vying for the hand of your wife, eating your food, wearing your clothes, beating your servants, and mocking your son. And their names are Chespin.

I mean, shit. this is the thanks I get? Big 'ol hiatus, give GameFreak time to come up with some good ideas, and the first thing they can cook up is "generic rodent in a hoodie"? seriously? seriously?

Chespin is ass. First off, he's not a reptile. That ought to be enough to know things are going south. It's like whenever there's a Fire-starter without live flames on it. Just not the same. Secondly, he barely looks plant-y at all. No one knew what he was even supposed to be at first, he's just got that freaking generic pikachu-esque body type, and green whatevers a'comin' outta his head.

Further research shows he's supposed to be like a chestnut, but I'm not even close to buying it. Also that orange tip of his tail pisses me off, especially since I know it's a design choice that's going frigging NOWHERE.

Look, I want to like this generation, and I think I probably will, but this is NOT the welcome I wanted. Chespin is easily the worst starter Pokemon I've ever seen.


Overall: 1/10

10 comments:

  1. Yes, Chespin does suck major amounts of ass, as does Quiladin, but just wait until it evolves into Chesnaught. I fucking love Chesnaught.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, but what? Chespin is my favorite starter from this gen. There is no way it's a 1. I can understand not caring for it and giving it as low as a 4, but really, what? A 1? I've disagreed with you before, but never to this degree.

    In fact the only thing I don't like about it is Chesnaught, which was a huge disappointment, but everyone who hates on Chespin seems to love for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And wow I just checked and you gave Chikorita, what I consider to be "easily the worst starter Pokemon I've ever seen" and just one of my most hated Pokemon, a 10.

      Delete
    2. looks like we got different opinions~

      Delete
    3. Now this is where I disagree with you. I hate Chespin, I hate him. Chespin is completely awful. Quiladin ain't much better. Chesnaught, on the other hand, is completely awesome and is a total badass. He absolutely makes up for the shit that Chespin and Quiladin forced us to put up with.

      Delete
  3. Just throwing this one out here:

    "All known Grass-type starters are based on pre-historic creatures and evolution. Venusaur has legs that lift it off the ground (a characteristic of dinosaurs), Meganium is based off an Apatosaurus, Sceptile is based on a Dilophosaurus, the Snivy-Serperior evolution represents the loss of hind legs (the transition from dinosaurs to snakes), and Chespin is based off the first mammal, the Megazostrodon. Also, each have a type of plant on their bodies which grows bigger through evolution."

    I think that sounds pretty valid. As explanation for why he's not a reptile...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to point out that the average mean score for first evolution grass starters has dropped from 8.4/10 to 7.2/10 and the geometric mean score has dropped from 8.3/10 to 5.8/10

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW
    SUCH RAGE
    MUCH OFFENSE~
    Welcome back! : D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry what? I like chespin and the Chespin haters like Chesnaught. The lowest rating I would give chespin is a 5/10.

    ReplyDelete