Sunday, October 13, 2013

Pokemon X First Thoughts Vol. 2

Played it all night and as much as I could today. Damn, I'm having fun. Just entered my favorite phase of the game, the "levels 15-30" phase, when you being actually catching cool things, dudes are evolving right and left, learning cool moves, the plot starts to kick in, and all while the levels still come easy.

-speaking of easy, the new Exp share seems kinda powerful. The guy in front doesn't split anything? EVERYONE else gets 50% of what he got? that's crazy. some might say it makes the game "easier". But honestly, Pokemon has never been "difficult", just "time-wastey". and this new exp share cuts down on the grind significantly.

-Just finished the whole "wake up Snorlax" quest. That palace was legit, reminded me of the Palacio Real in Madrid. of course I know this one must be based off something in France, but I'm pretty sure the Spanish one is better.

-New Pokemons added to the mix:
Napoleon the Furfrou
Archnuxilean the Honedge
Tony Tony C. the Swirlex
Bomba the Charmeleon
Pancho the Pancham
Skiddo (got in trade)

-Been doing some trades with random people online. So far got the aforementioned Skiddo, a Japanese Pansage, and a Japanese Pikachu.

-Goemon and Brave One evolved. Gotdayum am I glad to see a bird that isn't Normal/Flying. It's like all my prayers were answered.

-I chose the Charmander because of the following reasons:
Used a Venusaur on my last run of FireRed, like two years ago
Going to use either my starter, or Clauncher as a water-type, Blastoise would be redundant
Might use Nala or actually the Brave One as Fire, so honestly Charizard is redundant

and in the end, I just went "hell if I'm not going to use any of them in endgame anyway then why not Charizard" and just picked that mother.


how far are you guys? I'm already at level 20 even, but that friend is being pokey, so we delayed our match until level 30. If there's anyone at similar levels, we should battle or something. Friend code is 2406-5163-4164, send me an invite or whatever. If you're already at like the 5th gym, though, don't bother, you know it won't be fun for either of us.

3 comments:

  1. My Nuzlocke Run is goin great so far, just blaues through the 6th gym with my team, where no one died yet and i have the feeling, that it won't happen until the Elite 4. My first pokes are at Level 50-52 so I assume, you have to get your Team at an Level 70 average, which would be a the strongest Elite 4 ever, i guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added, roughly your level (planting berries, evolving...). Code is 5129-1387-2346. Germany tho, might be hard to find ze right time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3196-3082-8457

    Well I just reached the twenties and my team is rather oldschool ^^; Hope I find some new pokemons I like. :3

    ReplyDelete