Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pokemon X First Thoughts Vol. 5

I guess the "15-30" sweetspot I mentioned earlier actually extends to at least level 40 in this game. Errbody evolvin' left and right all ovah herr.

-Calimari evolved, and is now more badass

-Goemon is now in his final stage, and as I thought, it's the best option out of the starters. Caught a Clauncher, named it Crawdaddy, and am training it to replace him, though...

-my dear Brave One became a Talonflame, and now is competing against Nala the Pyroar for a spot as my Fire-type. If I decide I even need one, that is.

-Looked it up and evolved Solarpowered with a Sun Stone, Parabolic Charge is still such a pro move

-That grass gym was easy, but fun. Vanilla Ice just ate everything stone-cold raw, and the few things he couldn't wipe out were Bravely dealt with, if you get my drift.

-The music is pretty good in this game, I gotta say. I usually don't listen to Pokemon music, just play the games with the sound off, but maybe I won't end up doing that this time.

5 comments:

  1. It I were you, I'd go with Talonflame. Since it's one of the fastest fuckers you may consider to join your team plus fire is resistent to fairy type moves and you may want a pokemon for HM02. Though his fire movepool isn't that powerful besides flareblitz, but he dealt with nearly everything on my walkthrough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does it make you kind of happy knowing that the total number of normal/flying pokemon has decreased? Also what did you think about Midora's backstory in Toriko?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone commented about this on Granbull. yeah, quite a few of the Pokemon I crapped on for just being Normal are now Fairy, which ought to raise them up in my estimation. I'm not sure how to deal with this, because for 85% of the games, those opinions are still applicable.

      and I liked the backstory. Gives midora a nice amount of depth, without trying to make him a sympathetic villain we should all feel sorry for. More like pity that his life was unfortunate, but he definitely wasn't forced into becoming what he is now.

      Delete
  3. Another thing, I remember you have always wanted a cosmic type. What exactly would the mechanics of it be, how would you balance it, and what pokemon would you make to advertise it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've said before I'd like to rebalance the whole type chart. maybe sometime I'll make a post explaining my thoughts on this manner in detail sometime.

      Delete