Saturday, October 12, 2013

Pokemon X First Thoughts Vol. 1

Got the game this morning, but because I had to do something in the afternoon I haven't played it as much as some of you out there.

regardless, I just beat the 1st gym, so I feel like this is a good time to make a post.

-The game looks/feels/sounds great. Models are good, and moving in 8 directions is more fun that it should be. also the music has been pretty neat so far, I especially like the Pokecenter and Clothes Shop. I just wish the 3D worked better, not having it on the overworld, and then dropping all the frames in battle, it's slightly lame.

-I've been catching all the Gen 6 guys I run across, but not really bothering with the older pokes. so my current team is as follows:
Goemon the Froakie lv. 11
Brave One the Fletchling lv. 12
Bedbug the Spewpa lv. 10
Hopalong the Bunnelby lv. 10
Nala the Litleo lv. 12

-First gym wasn't much of a challenge, the Brave One and Nala just steamrolled everything. Neat aesthetic, though. Gym leader was a photographer, which is a nice way to set her apart from the other Bug leaders. In general, I like the characters in this game. Having a group of friends is neat

-I love that you can reorganize your part just by dragging their icons around on the bottom screen.

-Had a battle against my friend, we both got 5 dudes to level 10 and fought it out. He had a Pikachu, though, which trumped both Goemon and my Brave One, so I was on the defensive. I ended up losing, but it was close enough to leave me satisfied. We're having a rematch at level 20, so hopefully I'll be ready that time!

-on that note, the wifi stuff is actually pretty cool. Being able to just tag random online people for a trade or battle, or see their customization, it's pretty much the interactions a "pokemon mmo" would have, without all the other bad stuff that would go along with it.

So yeah, really enjoying myself. I'm not really sticking to a "post a day" schedule right now, because I think I might have to post more often than that. Just kinda whenever I feel like it, for this next week.

3 comments:

  1. good to hear! my friend just got his delivered as well and has a torchic thanks to the event, so now he's got mega blaziken :D pretty unfair somehow. but the game looks great from what i see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in awe when my Fletchling (Dartiri in German) evolved to Fletchinder (Dartignis). Once I read the -ignis I actually let out a gasp as I my mind understood what they did to be done with the lame normal/flying bullshit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly I am only having one new pokemon since the others didnt really flash me.
    The normal/fire pokemon kjust looks derpy to me and finding a rioluwas a pain in the ass.
    I will searc for steel types as many as I can.

    ReplyDelete