Saturday, October 26, 2013

No. 656: Froakie

you may have gotten the idea I don't think much of the Kalos starters by now.

But there's still one line left, so don't despair!

Froakie was my pick, because I like frogs, and this one seemed like it would turn into a big kung-fu frog like from Super Mario RPG, the one with the beard and such. Or like the Wind Gods in Wind Waker, cause of the cloud on his back. So anyway, I detected a lot of promise, and took the plunge.

because Froakie himself is also just kinda eeeeeehhhhh. Little blue frog, cloud on back, I guess it's alright. Simple colors, using the exact same palette as the last two Water starters. His head is also large, but becauze the "head" itself is actually pretty flat, it's just the eyes taking up the space, I don't perceive it as overly huge.


Overall: 6/10

1 comment:

  1. As much as I like Greninja, I think neglecting the bubbles on his nose was a huge missed opportunity. He shoulda ended up with a huge majestic bubble-stache, or a full-out beard or something. But tongue-scarves are cool too, I guess.

    ReplyDelete