Friday, October 18, 2013

Pokemon X First Thoughts Vol. 7

well, here it is, the final volume. I'm more than halfway through the game at this point, and have made it quite far enough to start opining on the Gen 6 Pokemon.

-Clawdaddy evolved into Clawitzer, and he keeps getting KO'd. but I think it's more because I keep putting him in dangerous situations than his being actually weak

-Wow, Laverre Town is really neat-looking. so was the gym, and the Furisode trainers inside. Gym Leader's Sylveon really gave my team a beating, but Hermes actually came trough, despite being a Dragon-type. I had taught it Infestation and Thunderbolt, y'see. (and the name is supposed to be a reference to JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, when Hermes Costello was turned into a snail-person due to the effects of Heavy Weather. Also I liked how the "herm" suggests "hermaphrodite", which snails are. also the irony of a slow snail being named after Hermes, god of speed.)

-In general, I love the npc trainer art in this game.

-Team looks like it'll be Brave One, Solarpowered, Archnuxilean, Vanilla Ice, Clawdaddy, and Calimari. though if I meet some kewl doods, I might be inclined to switch somebody out...


Overall, I'm really enjoying this game. Love the 3D models, the movement, the music, most of the new Pokemon are neat, and all the gameplay upgrades are appreciated. I'm gonna go back into regular review mode tomorrow, starting with Chespin, so look forward to that.

2 comments:

  1. Will you be reviewing the Mega Evolutions as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. please keep posting about your game :)
    it's really entertaining and interesting, i'd love for you to continue posting volume updates until even past the elite four...

    ReplyDelete