Friday, October 4, 2013

Tate and Liza of Mossdeep City

seriously thought these was two girls for the longest time

you know, there's not much chinese-dressed people in Pokemon. So it's good to see a little of that show up here, in these brats fashionable pajamas or whatever. I'd let my children sleep/pratice tai chi in those.

I also super like the idea of psychic twins being the gym leaders for a double-battles-only gym. Shows off the new system, which is good, because pretty much nobody else in the game did. While I'm on the subject, I just want to say how much I like triple battles, because it feels like I've got my actual party out there on the field and stuff, and it makes battling a lot more complicated and interesting, and I'd hate to see it gone in gen 6. so fingers crossed.


anyway, back to Tater and Liszt. I suppose they work, they're designs are more focused on looking like innocent twins rather than powerful psychics, but that works. because when you see two chinese twins in pajamas sitting together and holding hands and staring at you with shining unblinking eyes, you begin to expect them to have latent telekinetic powers. or at least I do.


Overall: 6/10
in the remake

3 comments:

  1. Almost thought you missed a day there but you pulled through :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In emerald they are really badass

    ReplyDelete
  3. Triple Battles weren't removed in Gen 6 but Wonder Launcher was.

    ReplyDelete