Saturday, April 7, 2012

No. 408: Cranidos

knock knock, shitstain, I'm hitting you with my head

I really like that there were seriously dinosaurs who just went around and headbutted things. They could've evolved claws, or fangs, or some other more fearsome ways of doing their business, but no, they decided that they wanted rock-hard heads to headbutt the bejesus out of everything.

So, Cranidos clearly comes from good stock.

The design has a neat color scheme, and keeps it simple. I just wish he could get, like, extra STAB from using Headbutt. But he can't, because he's not a Normal type at all. Also, when you look at it from other angles, it becomes apparent that his blue "helmet" is more of a large blue rock he's balancing on top of his head, than an actual helmet.

I feel like this was the wrong idea. Like, suddenly I don't believe his head is one solid piece of asskicking anymore, and I'm worried his stone thing could get pried out? I don't really know, but it bothers me a bit.


Overall: 7/10

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I love this guy. His evolution is badass, but this form still looks adorable.
    This is one of the rare times when a normal subtype might have been preferable. Would only increase his weakness towards fighting moves, make him immune towards ghost attacks and get STAB on Headbutt, add Sheer Force as an ability and give him Iron Head (through breeding only I think) and Zen Headbutt, and you've got the meanest battering ram ever =D

    ReplyDelete