Tuesday, April 17, 2012

No. 417: Pachirisu

Pachi = electrical crackling sounds, Risu - squirrel. I got this.

I can tell they really want to make Pikachu again. But, the thing is, Pikachu already exists, and he's great. He also evolves into a somewhat usable Pokemon, which is more than I can say for Pachirisu.

I do like the color scheme, using electric blue and white, but then the yellow cheeks... just make it so damn obvious they wish it was the new Pikachu. I mean, it's cute, sure, but holy shits, you guys, just let it rest. You won't ever get that lucky and accidentally spawn a character who's universal recognition rivals Mickey Mouse again.


Overall: 6/10

1 comment:

  1. Really, I'd have to say that of all the Pikaclones, Pachirisu is the best. Even though it's obviously supposed to be Pikachu, it is cute in a completely different way, the way it uses its tail as a pillow is just the cutest thing ever. They could have made this without making it an Electric-type and giving it the Pikachu face, and they should have given it better stats and an evolution, but it's not as bad as it could have been. I can't say the same about the other Pikaclones whose design is just "I HAVE A PIKACHU FACE SO THAT AUTOMATICALLY MEANS I'M CUTE!! LOVE ME!!!!" and some other ideas that are completely wasted on such lazily designed Pokemon.

    ReplyDelete