Tuesday, April 10, 2012

No. 411: Bastiodon

okay for most of this afternoon I thought it was Monday but don't judge me

You know where I've seen this color scheme before? Mawile! That doesn't really mean anything, but I guess dark grey/yellow is a good color combo for a Steel type.

Now, Bastiodon isn't quite a Triceratops, and I know that. I actually respect Gamefreak for not making all their fossil Pokemon the standard dinosaur fare, in fact, these two are the only technical "dinosaurs" in the lot. And even still, they're that headbutt dino and one of the many not-quite-triceratops.

But with all that said, I don't like Bastiodon, because he looks like a lout. Moreover, his face reminds me of one of the Thwomps from Super Mario World, but with a dumb shit-eating underbite on its face. Also, I don't like the spots on its frill, they feel like they're there just to take up space.

And besides, if I wanted a Rock/Steel juggernaut, I'd run Aggron. It's a fine concept, but that giant head just looks too derpy for me to ever want on my team.


Overall: 4/10

2 comments:

  1. Bastion means fortress.

    The spots are the castle windows. I think it makes a nice little detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. holy crap didn't even notice that. Surprisingly though, that makes it not as cool as before. I'm one of those people that enjoy the little bits of random design (THE RANDOM BANDS! YES THE RANDOM BANDS BWAHAHAHAHA BLOGGER!!!)

      Delete