Friday, April 20, 2012

No. 420: Cherubi

4/20 ON 4/20 SMOKE WEED ERRDAY


Now, you can't see my face, but I am making such a face right now. It is a face that says "what the actual shit is this, this is a goddamn cherry isn't it, who thought this was a good idea for a Pokemon".

If I were making a cherry pokemon, I'd tie it into slot-machines some how. Or maybe I'd go for the cherry blossom route, and plan ahead, so that its evolution could have a majestic sakura tree growing out of its head, to drop some mad Japanese language bombs.

But it would never, in my lamest dreams, occur to me to make it an actual cherry, with a tiny little siamese-twin cherry head along for the ride. Which looks stoned out of its goddamn MIND, by the way.


Overall: 2/10

4 comments:

  1. wow, i didn't even know this one existed.

    then again, i gave up playing my platinum halfway through because i hated a lot of the pokemon.
    i probably didn't get any exposure to this guy, which was evidently a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually kinda like the idea of a cherry pokemon, especially with the Sakura-Tree idea going on.
    The multiple heads remind me of Weezing and Exeggutor, especially with the...holiday/intoxication theme of the post. The multi-head-thing is being rehashed, sure, but it's the first time since, like, the first season. Personally I like that idea coming back in the shape of a couple of cherries.
    Don't know it's actual evolution(s) yet, but I think this base is actually a really good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shitty Pokemon, but it does always remind me of the fact that Pokemon eat each other and are being eaten by humans. The Dex entry states that the small head tastes sweet and is a food source for Starly, which is really creepy, considering they are sentient beings.
    Add that the mountain of bizarre things in the pokeverse besides Pokemon possibly being aliens, scientists creating life out of nothing, cloning, dna manipulation and just the existence of ghost Pokemon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2/10 = 4/20. Clever. #blazeit

    ReplyDelete