Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Favorite Digimon #1 - HerculesKabuterimon

Honey, you mean HunkuleseKabuterimon!

As was foretold, the True King to unite the bloodlines and claim the throne. With the combined horns of the Kuwaga and Kabuto, HerculesKabuterimon is the Best Bug and by extension Best Digimon. That golden coat lets you know who's in charge, and it's this guy.

I had a little toy figure of him as a kid, and he was by far my favorite. His pose was basically identical to the one you see in the promo art, which meant that his horns were set up perfectly to squeeze other Digimon in there so he could grab and suplex them. I can't tell you how many storylines and tournaments I played out on my bedroom floor that ended with HerculesKabuterimon giving someone a thunderous vertical suplex.

He's an incredible Mushihimesama-looking badass who I'm sorry never appeared on the show (to my knowledge), but I got to use him in Cyber Sleuth and I can safely say: the boy is wild. Maybe he doesn't actually suplex people quite as often as I imagined he did, but he's still my glorious golden champion.

Now, if you ask me which do I like more - HerculesKabuterimon or Heracross? That's some Sophie's Choice bullshit, don't make me choose like that.

2 comments:

  1. He appears in Digimon tri. which is a sequel to Digimon Adventure that Toei launched in commemoration for the 15th anniversary of the franchise. I didn't watch so I don't know if he supplex anyone on it, but I want to believe that he does.

    ReplyDelete