Monday, October 30, 2017

Favorite Digimon #2 - Togemon

I don't remember this gyroid from Animal Crossing

Y'all know I like cacti. Y'all know I like things that punch. This should come as no surprise. Togemon is one of those Digimon with a design concept and execution that's simple enough to be a Pokemon, too. I want to see Togemon fight Cacturne, just feeding him the right-lefts like bam, bam.

But I also like how it comes out in the middle of Palmon's overtly feminine, flower-based line. Cute flowers, little nymphs, then HELL YEAH ITS CACTUS TIME. MOMMA SAID KNOCK YOU OUT! shame there's no variant progression to further explore the idea of a boxing cactus...

Oh, and that hollow face is unique, helps it stand out more. The dual threat of shooting needles and punching your stupid face in is useful. But at the end of the day, I think Togemon is great for two simple reasons:

1. Cactus
2. Punching

Some things defy detailed analysis.

4 comments:

  1. Little nymphs? Dude, the final form (Rosemon) is literally a titty dominatrix Digimon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Rosemon is an option, but isn't Lilymon the "proper" final form of Palmon?

      Delete
    2. Lilymon evolves into Rosemon in Digimon tri. And I am pretty sure that like half of the budget of that episode went into animating her bouncy tits.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete