Thursday, October 26, 2017

Favorite Digimon #6 - Gargomon

Momentai!

First of all, I don't know why he was called Terriermon when he's clearly a rabbit, but I do know that he's one of the cutest little buggers ever.

I regret not including him earlier on the list, because he's definitely up there. But Gargomon is even MORE awesome that he overshadowed him in my mind. Sorry, Terry!

Anyway, Gargomon is just a big rabbit with gatling guns for arms and I think that's wonderful. He's even wearing pants! It's adorable. The war paint and oversized ammo bandolier further give the impression of an innocent kid dressing up to play soldier, not seriously out to shoot anybody. Except that, you know, he's got gatling guns for arms.

My favorite kind of guns are the ones with the most dakka, and Gargomon brings the dakka in spades. This is another one I had a transforming toy of, and kept him in this stage all the time because Rapidmon looks like a weird, emaciated, diaper-wearing creep. But Gargomon is someone I would trust my life with. I want to use his ears as a blanket and go to sleep. I also want him to shoot up my enemies 'til I see the daylight leaking through the other side. I don't feel these are contradictory desires.

2 comments:

  1. I was scared of Gargomon when I was a kid because in Tamers they at first were this always shooting smiling freak who hurt friends and foes alike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "He's even wearing pants!"

    The English dub of the movie is a guilty pleasure.

    ReplyDelete