Friday, October 20, 2017

Favorite Digimon #12 - BlackWarGreymon

You all should've seen this coming.

I mean, there are only two kinds of Greymon better than MetalGreymon, and I did the other one last time. Skipping right over boring-ass vanilla WarGreymon and go right to my man BlackWarGreymon. Usually I despite these blatantly lazy recolors, but I cut this guy some slack because he single-handedly made Season 2 interesting again.

Season 2 was a big disappointment to me, because I didn't like any of the new kids, most of the armor forms were lame, I never liked Kairi or T.K., and the villain was a spoiled brat and then that Team Rocket wannabe mummy+spider duo... it was a mess. Then along comes BlackWarGreymon who had all this existential angst to deal with, despite being an unstoppable force of destruction who kicked ass and didn't even bother to take names. It resonated with me as a kid, though I bet the adult me would find his character simplistic and melodramatic.

But that's no issue. This list is as much a celebration of my personal nostalgia as anything else. Even regular WarGreymon is great, and I believe in fact I wrote about him before...

No comments:

Post a Comment