Monday, March 5, 2012

No. 384: Rayquaza

Ray "The only good Ruby/Sapphire Legendary" Quaza

Well, that's a little harsh. Some of the others manage to be above average. But none of them have the same fierce swagger as Rayquaza. I don't even have to tell you how awesome his shiny sprite is, because you already know it. And if you don't, then you don't deserve to know. I'm not gonna tell you.

But why does Rayquaza kick ass? Again, it should be pretty obvious: he's a frikken' flying snake dragon. The carvings that look a bit out of place on Groudon and Kyogre work fine on his Aztec-inspired design. Also, the dude's habitat is the entire freaking stratosphere, and he gets pissed when anyone messes with it. Even Deoxys gets his shit handed to him by Rayquaza, as we saw in one of the movies.

Now, when I went to capture the big green, I got extremely lucky. How lucky, you ask? Glalie uses Ice Beam as an opening move. I just want to deal big damage, before whittling the hp away. I get a critical, leaving Rayquaza with like 2% health. And then, miracle of miracles, he gets frozen as well. Holy piss, did I throw the hell out of those few ultra balls.


Overall: 10/10

1 comment:

  1. Since you didnt mention it in your last Posts I will to have to point it out for you!

    Fun Fact:

    The three legendaries are bassed on Hebrew legends.
    Kyogre is Leviathan, a Seadragon
    Groudon is Behemoth, a Earth Beast
    Rayquaza finally is Ziz(?), a Master of sky sorta
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ziz

    Granted I did have heard of the first two, as being part of the destruction of the world but Ziz seemed to be the ruler of sky or something.

    Anyway those three have been building up a Trinity of Earth, Sea and Sky.
    This is kinda fitting since Hoenn has such a qild eco-system that you might wonder, how there is a friggin jungle inside there? not far from a vulcano? Wit floating islands?

    Blows my mind

    ReplyDelete