Monday, March 26, 2012

No. 398: Staraptor

get a load of THIS hornses ass

oooooooh boooooooy. You guys, I don't know how I can possibly make this believable, after the drubbings I just gave Starly and Staravia, but Staraptor, against all odds, manages to be even worse.

First, we can note how he really doesn't look that different at all from Staravia, a cardinal sin for a supposedly grown-ass Pokemon. Then, there's the whole "Normal/Flying" thing, but my doctor's told me to try and not talk about it anymore, because it sends me into epileptic fits.

So let's move on to the true culprit of this monstrosity: That damned emo head-crest thingie. god DAMN does that thing look awful. I've never thought the real-life trend of having a single spike of hair dramatically falling down over your face was a good idea, and coloring the tip doesn't help. But putting that desperate cry for attention, that obvious cry of "look at me, I'm unique!!", on a Pokemon, now that's such an affront to common decency that I have to cringe.

And the worst part? Somewhere out there, there's a kid who thinks Staraptor is all kinds of badass.


Overall: 1/10

6 comments:

  1. Imagine it without the emo-haircut. It would still be boring but it would look SO much better!
    I don't get it ... a well deserved 1/10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I wouldn't say all kinds badass and I admit the design is nothing to write home about( When I first saw him I kept forgeting where the beak was) But I kind of like him.

    How it's dex entry says how he challenge bigger tougher opponents How it learns take down, close combat, and Brave bird. Just something about it works for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gameplay wise he is rather useful though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks like a color-blind Pidgeot...

    Also, it seems sad that they put "raptor" in his name to try to make him cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What are you talking about? The raptor is a bird of prey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A "raptor" is the common term for any bird of prey. Again, trying to make him cooler by labeling him "Star-Bird-of-Prey". You know, as opposed to something specific and ingenious.

    I'll give points for melding the two words, but not for the generic quality of it.

    ReplyDelete