Wednesday, March 21, 2012

No. 394: Prinplup

why do these guys have names that sound like the sound a puddle makes

I had some big long boring thing written here, but I decided that it all added up to "Prinplup is okay and stuff, but boring", so keep that in mind, but let's move onto more surreal, interesting things.

Piplup had two little white "buttons", making it look a little like it was wearing Mickey Mouse pants. Which, come to think of it, are pretty weird. Who the hell has buttons on the front of their pants, unless it's a part of the zipper? Anyway, Prinplup has the beginnings of a double-breasted suit going. Which I like, I like it a lot. Suits are badass, and I wear one whenever I have the opportunity.

And, without glancing at Empoleon for tomorrow's update, I can't remember if it continues that trend or not. I can't remember on my own. I really hope it does, because a boss penguin with a double-breasted suit on it is suddenly the best thing I can think of. I'm imagining a bunch of penguins in gangster outfits, sneering and slouching, with one of those big fat ones with the eyebrows sitting behind a desk. Holy shit, with all the penguin movies that came out in the early 2000's, how did this movie not happen. They already wear tuxedos, how much of a stretch is that to pinstripes?

anyway if Empoleon doesn't look at least a little like Al Capone or Marlon Brando, I'm going to be kinda disappointed.


Overall: 6/10

1 comment:

  1. Good eye, really diggin' the whole suit theme.
    About Empeleon, even if he doesn't match your expectations in looks, the pokedex entry makes it sound like a real badass, crushing everything that hurts its pride, the right attitude for a mafia don ;)

    ReplyDelete