Thursday, March 8, 2012

3rd Gen Summary

Three generations reviewed, two more to go. Hopefully I will be able to update like I have been recently, instead of the ridiculously slow pace of earlier this year.

At any rate, you're here to find out how the 3rd Generation rated, right? Well, it averages out to a surprisingly high 6.1 / 10. For comparison, gen 1 got 6.2, and gen 2 got 5.8. I know, I'm a little surprised, too.

But I guess, despite all the lame water-types, and the stupid rehashed bugs, there were a lot of stars, this gen. All the Dark sub-type dudes, and then the Legendaries were of generally above-average quality.

As for the games themselves, I know that they are better mechanically than the GBC games, but all that surfing is a little annoying. Couldn't there have been some giant bridges? Some good things were added, like diving, but some things were lost, like the (sorely underutilized) day/night system. I'm looking forward to the eventual remake.


Anyway, that means that so far, all the Pokemon average to an even 6.0/10, which doesn't make much sense actually, because for a 0-10 scale to work, the average quality should be 5/10. So I don't know what this means. Some Best/Worst Pokemon coming up, and then I'll start on the 4th Generation early next week.

2 comments:

  1. "...all the Pokemon average to an even 6.0/10, which doesn't make much sense actually, because for a 0-10 scale to work, the average quality should be 5/10."

    Not really.. that's like saying a 0-100% scale doesn't work for grading exams because the class average isn't always 50%.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA!

    Knew it!

    GenIII is badass awesome (even if we have to deal with azurill >_>)

    ReplyDelete