Wednesday, March 7, 2012

No. 386: Deoxys

GATTACA was a good movie

I think Deoxys might be one of my favorite legendaries ever. I love his simple color scheme, and the way his arms are double-helixes. Also, he comes from the stars, which further cements the theory of "Pokemon are from space".

Also, this Formal Form (which I refuse to write "forme" because I'm not Eurotrash) can make his tentacles into solid arms, so that they can punch things and hold babies and stuff. Cool.


The Attack Form is even more Speed and Attack-oriented, with paper-thin defenses. I like how it turned all pointy, to represent the offensive focus. Also, charging up an energy attack in the middle, and then throwing it will all 4 arms is badass.


Defense Form looks like it sounds: slow, with great Defense. The arms got flat, and can be used as shields, and the head now resembled the Juggernaut's helmet, bitch.


Now, the Speed Form is pointless. Sure, it looks fast, and super slimmed down, but what's the point? Attack Form is already fast enough, and stronger, too. Speed Form is redundant, and messes up the Defense Normal Attack (DNA) theme.

Finally, let me say how much I love the Destiny Deoxys movie: I love it a lot. A lot.


Overall: 10/10

8 comments:

  1. Deoxys is great.
    Never watched the movie, but he was a total badass in the Pokemon Special manga, and his fight against Mewtwo made me grow a third ball.
    A third fuckin' ball

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speed, Attack, Normal, Defence (SAND)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. except Deoxys isn't a Ground-type. Maybe it spells DANS, in memory of all the famous men named Dan in the world, because that has about as much to do with Deoxys as SAND does.

      Delete
    2. it could be a reference to deserts where aliens are reported a lot

      Delete
    3. you write for Bulbapedia, don't you.

      Delete
    4. DNAS. Better?

      Delete
    5. No, it's definitely NADS as in "Don't kick your brother in the 'nads."

      Delete
  3. >:T

    Thanks for calling us "Eurotrash"
    (I am austrian)
    Just to inform you: We also say "Form" and not "forme".

    ReplyDelete