Thursday, March 15, 2012

No. 389: Torterra

How many dudes do you know who carry a garden on their back?

That's right, none. And Torterra carries a frikken zen garden on his back, like it ain't no thing. It's great. I want to have a Torterra, and then build a little fort on his back, so that he can just walk around and I can live up there. It would be great.

Torterra also kicks ass because he learns Earthquake at an early age, and really only has to fear Ice and Flying types, because he's also weak to Bug (but you'll never meet any competent Bugs) and Fire, but he can just slam those dudes with some sick-ass Ground moves.

He's easily the best fully-evolved Grass starter. And I still can't get over how awesome it is that he has a garden and shit on his back, like some sort of badass world-supporting myth turtle. I just love the guy, okay?


Overall: 10/10

4 comments:

  1. he also served Ash well in the D/P league if i recall correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite starter.

    Back when the 4th gen starters were revealed smashing rumors of an new trio typing I was disappointed right until I found this guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was worried after Turtwig and Grotle's reviews that you wouldn't like Torterra, my single favorite out of all 45 starter stages, but I'm glad my worry was misplaced.

    4th gen is just golden for starters imo, with the best overall grass and fire starter lines and 2nd best water line (2nd to 2nd gen's).

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my absolute favorite grass starter and my favorite of the 4th gen starters as well.

    ReplyDelete