Tuesday, September 11, 2012

No. 499: Pignite

Okay, this name is more like it. But I would've gone with "Hamferno".


It's a pig wearing a wrestling leotard, that's pretty great. Still no open flame, though, which mitigates that. I cannot stress enough how much I like open flames on Fire Pokemon.

also, note he golden bands. noting them? good, because there they are. LOOK AT THEM

but now I really have to say - Fire/Fighting? Again? For the 3rd time? really, Gamefreak? really? To make things even worse, Samurott would be a much better candidate for a Fighting subtype, yet it gets nothing. Neither does Serperior. Seems kinda biased, don't it? In fact, I'm getting pretty angry over here. That's absolutely ridiculous, I don't want a Water/Grass/Fighting trio, I just want my standard one with the final forms all getting their own little twist. And when the Fire one gets the twist, and the SAME DAMN TWIST each time, it gets old.

If Water always ended up Water/Ice, and Grass always ended up Grass/Psychic or something, then it would be an equal thing. but it isn't, and screw that.


Overall: 3/10

4 comments:

  1. I overall think you're being harsh to this line, I really like their designs overall. BUT... Yeah, the Fighting subtype is really frustratingly stupid. Especially so as someone trying to defend it's design, because I can't deny the lameness of 3 Fire/Fighting starters in a row.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In fact ALL of the 5th gen starters' typings had been done twice before.

      Delete
  2. I know how you feel. Tepig's evolution line is pretty great, but when I saw Fire/Fighting again I was like, "Again? Really?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I groaned a bit after seeing it a third time.
    When it first cam it was cool.
    The second time I hoped that it was just a fluke since they also added awesome Types for the other two starters.
    But this time there is NO excuse for it

    ReplyDelete