Saturday, September 22, 2012

No. 508: Stoutland

It's hard to come up with something interesting to say.


Because even though Stoutland is fairly capable, and I always get wrecked by its Headbutt because I don't expect a Normal-type to ever be worth anything, in the end, it's just the final form of an early-game Normal-type fodder Pokemon.

It's almost in its inherent nature to be boring.

and I'm bored. booooored.

Alls I got to say is that it has a gigantic mustache, and is a fine evolution to its previous forms. But the previous forms were stale as month-old bread, so this guy is pretty damn stale as well.

With the underwhelming starters, and all this generic-ness in a row, you might wonder why I said I really like the 5th Gen. But trust me, things definitely pick up. There are some absolutely freaking wonderful designs and creative ideas in Unova, but you have to suffer through the admittedly lacking beginning to get there.


Overall: 3/10

4 comments:

  1. Hey, man, have respect for Tom Selleck's pokemon! XDDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an example of how order comes from chaos. Lilipup's face looks like one big look's like one big explosion and it has a disproportionate coat. Herdier's face looks like something slowly forming and has a regular proportioned coat. Finally, Stoutland's face and coat have distinct colours, lengths, and symmetry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like this guy, but I still find no reason to hate it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eh, I think these guys are worth an extra couple points than you gave them. They have good designs, their problem is just blandness, being average. 3-5 fits more than 1-3.

    ReplyDelete