Sunday, September 16, 2012

No. 504: Patrat

one of the few limitations of this internet technology is that you can't hear the level of sigh I just made. but trust me, it was a sigh that would've made even Napoleon Dynamite roll his eyes


because, you see, we now have to grapple with the unpleasant reality that is a new generation of Pokemon: there will be crap-tastic little rodents and also (another sigh here) birds.

HOWEVER, I am willing to cut this guy a little slack, and do you know why? Because in Unova, everything is new. You can't get those old Pokemon, they aren't around until the post-game. 150 brand-spanking new Pokemon. And so, to fill the gameplay niche, Patrat occurs.

This is much more excusable in Unova than in Hoenn for example, because Hoenn has Kanto Pokemon just all over the place. And if you can catch a Geodude in Hoenn, why not a Rattata? So there was no need for Zigzagoon and the like. Compare with Unova, where from the very beginning they new they'd need to make everything up from scratch again.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I still think he looks kinda dumb and has weird eyes and isn't cool at all and sucks majorly, but at least I can justify his existence.


Overall: 2/10

1 comment: