Friday, October 19, 2012

No. 524: Roggenrola

let's all collectively face-palm at this name, and then move on with our lives.


looks like a Kirby enemy, to me. I like the color scheme, navy blue and yellow always looks sharp, and the brown is fine, too.

maybe what I like most about... *shudder* Roggenrola is that it's a solo Rock-type, which differentiates it from the Geodude line.

But really, Rocky Road here is pretty middling. Fortunately, his evolutions are more exciting.


Overall: 5/10

9 comments:

  1. I like the name.

    And I mean seriously, it's a total double standard to have a problem with the name Roggenrola and be perfectly fine with Geodude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm...
    you win this time, blogger's pokemon score

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I the only one that noticed the typo?

    Unless you were trying to say Kibry instead of Kirby?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's my goddamn dirty mind, but all I see is a walking anus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually he WASN'T fine with Geodude's name. He made fun of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. (First commentor)

    You know I was thinking that might have been the case but was too lazy to go check, and just assumed he was ok with it due to mentioning Geodude in this entry. My mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For some reason it reminded me of Mario enemies rather than Kirby ones. Vaguely like a rock version of the Bob-omb.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I might be biased here but to me roggenrolla is a Geodude-expy. I know they needed to fill in new slots of Unova but why do we need anozther Rock-type that would evolve later only through trade means? And it isnt the only one

    ReplyDelete
  9. I literally just realized the pun behind this name.

    ReplyDelete