Friday, October 26, 2012

No. 530: Excadrill

I used to have these little paddle shovels, that you'd hold like katars, and I'd always dig up the beach with them. That's what these guys' shovel hands remind me of.


I loved Drilbur, but I got some beef with his older bro here. Mainly, those little red nubs he's got on his knees, elbows, and the side of his head. What's up with those dots? They aren't pronounced enough to count as spikes, they just stick out there like unwanted pimples.

The war paint on his face and splash of color on his chest are also kinda strange. It's like he painted himself up for battle, Lord of the Flies style. And just like in that book, the conch (Cloyster, Water/Ice) would totally own his Ground-based ass. But who's The Beast, then? Oh wait, he's got Steel as well. That would give him an advantage, since he'd certainly go first.

Well, I still like his shovel-hands, but I wish he'd gone more drill-like. Also hey, is that Crash Man's visor thing on his head?


Overall: 5/10

2 comments:

  1. You know, he's based around the fact that he can put his claws up around his head and turn into a drill, right? Cause that's a thing he can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think those nubs at the side of the head are ears. You also didn't mention the fact that the hoodie turns into a drill. Also, the conch was destroyed by Roger when he rolled a boulder onto Piggy

    ReplyDelete