Tuesday, October 23, 2012

No. 528: Swoobat

really not gonna win any prizes for naming originality here, guys


It was just a puffball, but then BOOM a head and butt grew out of it. And the head has a big ol' goofy grin, eyes right where I said they would look dumb, and (curiously) two ears merged into one. I really don't get that last bit, freaking why!? Does it fold up like a drill and tunnel through rocks? I'd hope so, but I don't think it does.

Then that strange little tail, it makes me feel uncomfortable. Naked, ratlike tails have never been my favorite, and when you have two tails that intertwine with each other and for some sort of gripper, I like them even less.

The whole thing just looks ridiculous now, and a little unsettling, is what I'm getting at.


Overall: 4/10

4 comments:

  1. I would say the ears are like that to invoke the image of a satellite dish, e.g. for gathering sonar waves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree on the unsettling part.
    I always thought that the tail was its leg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why not 1/10 then? This thing is so utterly ridiculous that it deserves a lower score.

    ReplyDelete