Wednesday, October 24, 2012

No. 529: Drilbur

I musta been psychic yesterday when I mentioned drills, because this boy got spiral power out the wazoo


Drills in general are cool, even before Gurren Lagann. My favorite Godzilla monster was Megalon, that giant cockroach that spat napalm, had a horn that shot lightning, and his two hands were like halves of a drill, and he could put them together and burrow and stuff. Also he could fly. Also he was from Atlantis. Also I am now realizing that a lot of Godzilla movies sound like fever dreams when you talk about them later.

But that's besides the point, Drilbur is here now. I like his how his body is brown and his face is white, like it's a mask or peeking out of a hoodie or something, it's neat. And I'm a sucker for things folding up neatly, so the way his claws perfectly line up into shovels, but can split apart into knives, is a big turn-on. And I'm pretty damn sure he can put his hands together like Megalon, right? If not, he should.

Maybe the reason he feels so fresh and new is the fact that the last "mole" Pokemon we had was Diglett, who wasn't so much an actual mole as a whack-a-mole.

So I think Drilbur is awesome, but you don't have to believe me. You don't even have to believe in yourself. Just believe in me, who believes in you, and I believe that Drilbur is awesome. Who the hell do you think you are!? I am!!


Overall: 9/10

4 comments:

  1. and then eventually you just end up believing in the you that believes in you. gurren lagann, and this pokemon, is awesomesauce

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Also I am now realizing that a lot of Godzilla movies sound like fever dreams when you talk about them later."
    I laughed so hard, I almost wet myself :D Good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this pokemon is crap but my judgmental disagreement evaporated the second you referenced Gurren Lagann. It might be a clever trick but it was beautiful nonetheless and suddenly I think this pokemon might be decent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diglett was a marsupial mole, and drillbur is a regular mole. They should make a water/ground star-nosed mole.

    ReplyDelete