Wednesday, July 18, 2012

No. 472: Mamoswine

Apparently old-timey people saw mammoth skulls and thought they were cyclops heads. What a bunch of cretins!


Mamoswin looks naked to me. It's missing the shaggy fur so characteristic of its line, and the lack of a trunk makes it seem unbalanced with those huge tusks. Where are they even coming out from, anyway?? I don't see and lip lines, and they're too low to be obscured by the 'stache. In fact, that one on the left looks like its coming out of the armpit.

Also, what's up with its face? Why does it have baboon-like color wings around its eyes? Seems like a strange choice. I think they were trying to make it look like it has ski goggles on, but I'm not buying it. Especially since, like I said before, I expect not to see the eyes much at all. Where's the shaggy, baggy fur?

I want to like Mamoswine, because his typing rocks my socks and woolly mammoths kick ass, but he turned out more like a mammoth with its head and neck amputated, a Mr. Potato head face stuck on the stump, and the tusks wedged into its armpits.


Overall: 3/10

1 comment:

  1. That's not a mammoth, it's an entelodont that they gave mammoth characteristics to.

    ReplyDelete