Monday, July 23, 2012

No. 478: Froslass

dat froslass


I spooked myself when I first realized Froslassis just an orb with dangling appendages, rather than a tiny woman in a kimono as she appears. I guess that's where the Ghost-type comes from, unless it comes from another bullshit nonsensical Japanese folklore story, in which case I don't care so hard I'm practically shitting rocks.

So, yeah. Snorunt never made any damn sense, but at least Glalie was a pissed-off ball of ice, which I can relate to. So I'm not really surprised when there's a split evolution, for it to turn into some sort of Yuki-onna looking freak. It doesn't look a bit like Snorunt, nor Glalie, but that's par for the course in this messed-up evolutionary line. And I admit the color choices look nice, but it wouldn't have been too hard to make it white and black, like Glalie, would it?

eh, Froslass is alright. It's certainly an ambitiously unique typing, and like I said, the way the head is actually the core is pretty clever. I just don't know why it had to be attached to Snorunt, but then again I've long ago given up on understanding anything about that guy.


Overall: 6/10

10 comments:

  1. So what classifies a pokemon as good or awful or bad or whatever? Is it the rating or just your personal thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://notallpokemonareequal.blogspot.com/2012/07/someone-stole-all-pokemon.html#comment-form

      Delete
    2. Ah, thank you, I hadn't seen that.

      Delete
  2. It actually does look a little like Glalie. If you look at her face, you can see that she has the half 'mask' of what is the top part of Glalie's face. The only difference is that her eye holes are circle shaped instead of 'angry' triangle shape like it is on Glalie. Then they both have the diamond shape on their forehead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just noticed something, the back of its head looks like a hypothalamus. I also formulated a theory. Snorunt evolved into froslass by digging into the head of a person and replacing the entire brain except for the hypothalamus. The snorunt then ate that person's soul and became a ghost type. That kimono is the spinal cord. The reason that it's a female is because they only target women. This is just a theory because everybody who plays pokemon knows that you just give a dawn stone to a female snorunt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hopy shit what the fuck is a hypothalamus you are scaring the shit out of me dude

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant the cerebellum and got confused. It's the back of the brain. It helps motor control (that's why it developed arms), and regulates fear and pleasure(since this is a human brain, the froslass could have memories of deviant sex acts)

      Delete
    2. There's a fan-fiction in here somewhere, I know it.

      Delete
  5. I once read in an issue of an unofficial Pokemon fan magazine that it is based off of a Japanese folklore about a ghostly woman that freezes you if you see her.

    The creepy thing is, when I evolved a Snorunt into Froslass... about a few minutes after the evolution, my DS froze. I never had my DS freeze before until that happened. And this was before I read that magazine article. I read the article about I think a few weeks after that happened.

    ReplyDelete