Tuesday, July 10, 2012

No. 468: Togekiss

Okay so I lost a tournament to a Togekiss using Thunder Wave once so I'm salty as hell about this Pokemon


But ignoring that, I think I can still find reasons to hate it.

1. Normal/Flying
2. I have never given a damn about the Togepi line and don't see why it needs a third step
3. ridiculous tiny little feet
4. aren't the red and blue triangles supposed to be outlines, not solid chunks?
5. Normal/Flying
6. that face is hilariously small compared to the rest of the body
7. it looks like an airplane but with no nosecone or tail
8. did I mention it's a Normal/Flying type?

[edit: With hindsight, three of these points are irrelevant. However, I don't like Fairy Types as a rule either, so the overall thrust of my argument still stands.]

Though even with all that, I suppose it isn't outright offensively horrible, just really pointless.


Overall: 3/10

7 comments:

  1. I always thought point 7 was the best part of it. I like the idea of stealth bomber in pokemon form, though I admit togekiss isn't the best choice for it.

    Can't even learn egg bomb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shitty in design, but actually not that useless in gameplay, it can ruin your ass as a crappy normal/flying, that's at least one advantage it has over its prevolutions.
    Actually, this is the best one out of the Togepi line. Now isn't that a sad statement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i actually like it for some reason

    *cowers*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Togekiss is one of the VERY few normal/flying types that I would go out of my way to get (and not just for a good FLY HM SLAVE).

    I just like it's overall fatass cloud/plane sort of look. I don't know why. I just do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Togetic, you silly thing!
    Who told you that you are worth having an evolution?

    *shakes head*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Personally, I liked the Togepi line (cuz Metrone and it's cute), so l like Togekiss, yeah it looks like some creepy weirdass plane, but it can learn aura sphere.

    Oh and I think it's gonna turn into a Fairy/Flying type. So maybe your opinion might change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, what do you know. Togetic and Togekiss are Fairy/Flying now. I guess you can't really rag on them for their generic typing anymore considering that no other Pokemon is Fairy/Flying.

      Delete