Wednesday, July 25, 2012

No. 479: Rotom

Does this one count as a legendary? I dunno.


Ghost/Electric is a neat typing, and I like how you find it - hiding in a possessed TV. Rotom by itself looks cute, and shows a lot of promise. Then he startles you by turning into household appliances and shit. 

Normal Form: 7/10




Washing machines are not scary or cool, and why is his aura turning into a protractor or something? is that a claw? Gooey webbings stuck to his tube? dumb.

Wash: 2/10


Unlike William "The Refrigetator" Perry, this form doesn't look like he would be of much use on the gridiron. He reminds me of that one Ice/Spark combo in Kirby 64, tho, where you turned into a fridge and spit food out. That power kicked ass. This guy doesn't.

Frost: 3/10


Is a lawnmower even actually a household appliance? In any case, I kind of love the maniacal grin, and the sheer audacity of it. "yeah, it's a killer lawnmower. why? screw you, that's why".

Mow: 8/10



In Korea, there's a superstition that leaving a fan on overnight can kill you. But I don't see how you could be afraid of this lil fella, he's adorable. and I like how his aura is all swirly, like wisps of wind.

Fan: 6/10


I sincerely hope that this form shoots fire from its grill, and punches with its hands. That would be great. I don't know what it would do otherwise, but if it does anything else I'll scream.

Heat: 7/10


I'll average and round up, because it's a unique concept. Rotom would be a shitty legendary, but I don't think it classifies itself that way, it's just a strange kinda-neat gimmick Pokemon you get in the post-game.

Overall: 6/10

5 comments:

  1. Rotom Heat (Oven) actually does shoot fire from it's grill. In the anime, it opens up and then fire came roaring out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mow rotom's smile reminds me of catbus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Rotom is an unique PokéMoN in its own right.
    Even though it has a legendary soundtrack, it lacks the actual Legendary Mythos like most others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rotom is just motor spelled backwards. He's not really special and, in my opinion, much easier to catch than most legendaries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh... you got the wrong number. It's 479, not 579. He ain't no Reuniclus.

    ReplyDelete