Monday, July 16, 2012

No. 471: Glaceon

Let's get this straight: on a human girl, bangs like this with long side-hair things like that is a major turn-on.


I like Glaceon's diamond motif, and the varying shades of blue work well. It's an Ice type, but doesn't have literal chunks of ice on it, like the rest of the Eeveelutions (baring Leafeon), just kind of a suggestion of frozen-ness.

Also, is it just me, or does Glaceon have a kind of endearing facial expression? It's got its eyes narrowed and focuses, and a tiny smile. Overall, the design is actually pretty good, and not at all what I would have done if you had tasked me with making an Ice-eevee. I probably would've given it lots of fur trim, and a parka almost, and then I would've shat all over my own design in review for looking too much like a blue Flareon or Jolteon.

I still don't see why Glaceon had to be, even less so than Leafeon. We've already got a blue one, and in fact just adding a single Eeveelution so that you can have a full team of 6 of them would be fine. But, alas, here we are. And here we will be, as we trudge through the rest of the Afterthought 18, and then hit the Legendarys. Of which there are a lot, half of them related to Manaphy as I recall.


Overall: 7/10

2 comments:

  1. I like Glaceon - As I mentioned on Leafeon, under Anonymous, I like the Ice type.

    But even with all it's awesome traits, I still can't help but look at it and go - 'Huh. So... Is this, like, the base design, or what? Where's the ICE!?'

    To be honest, right now it just looks like a diamond patterned water type to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once read that every eeveelotion is taking a type that belonged to the "Special"-category, before the gameplay in GenIV made the destinction between attacks.

    (For those who dont understand me: Fire, Water, electric, dark, grass and so on were "Special"-Types in Gen I-III, while Fighting, normal and so on were "Physical"-Types)

    So it would have been the logical conclusion to fill the rest of possible Eeveelutions up with those types. Thats why many expect a Ghost-eevee, not knowing that ghost counts as physical. Strangly Dragon was a Special-type. Go figure

    OMG Dragoneon or something for Generation 6 would rock so hard

    ReplyDelete