Thursday, July 19, 2012

Someone stole all the Pokemon!!


As some of you may have noticed, all the images for Pokemon before Swampert are now dead links. I guess Bulbapedia moved around things or something? So I want to go back and re-link all of them, so that new people coming to NAPACE don't get confused because they can't see what I'm writing about back then.

However, is copying the url directly from the main entry page on Bulbapedia really the best option? Does anyone have another idea that might be more secure?

Also, as long as I'm going to be going over each one again, I was thinking of tagging each one by type, as well. Would that matter to people? Would you want to be able to see, at a glance, which Grass Pokemon are sucky poops, and which are glorious triumphs? because if that don't matter I won't waste my time.

8 comments:

  1. You could upload the images to imgur.com.

    I would tag every post with its rating, in case I wanted to view all 1/10, 4/10, etc. As it is, only 10/10 and 1/10 are rated I think. It's haphazard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or any image sharing site, I guess.

    I like the type tagging idea, it would make things easier, like if someone was looking for a type to add, and used you to see which are shitty, or IDK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. another vote for the idea of tagging pokemon by type. tagging them by grade would be nice too, since people might want to see what pokemon are great but not 10/10 rating (since giving a pokemon a 9 or 8 actually means it's still great).

    ReplyDelete
  4. The type tag idea sounds great. Totally on board for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. On top of the other ideas, I think maybe tagging evolution groups would be nice too. Well, for ones that aren't just all grouped together naturally.

    During these last few I've found myself wanting to check what you thought of the originals, and have had to go back through the years/months to find them.

    Just a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your input, everyone! I'll tag things by type, and add the tags "great" for scores of 8-10, "good" for scores of 5-7, "bad" for scores of 3-4, and "awful" for scores of "1-2". This is in addition to the "1/10" and "10/10" tags, of course. I think this will be more useful than tagging each specific number.

    and I like the idea of tagging evolutionary lines. I'll do it when they are broken up, but I won't bother for when they're all in one place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yeah, as for the broken links, I guess uploading to imgur would be the best, but that takes time, and I'm lazy to an almost criminal degree. So re-linking to Bulbapedia it is, call me when they break again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have no idea if you'll see this, I assume you're notified when someone makes a comment on any entry though, but I just thought of something you could do.

    The only problem is that I don't know if you have a PS3 or have gotten Ni no Kuni, but if you do you could rate the not-Pokemon from that.

    ReplyDelete